At Orchid Speech Therapy we offer assessment and therapy for children in the following areas:
- Articulation/Speech Sound Difficulties, e.g. Verbal Dyspraxia, Cleft Lip/Palate
- Language Delay/Disorders, e.g. Specific Language Impairment
- Social Communication Difficulties, e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Developmental Delay and Learning Disabilities, e.g. Down’s Syndrome
- Selective Mutism
This involves taking a case history about the child’s development since birth, parental concerns and an assessment. The child’s speech, language and communication skills are assessed using a combination of standardised assessments, observations and play. The initial consultation usually lasts one hour. A written report is provided detailing the assessment results and advice.
We are able to deliver individual/group therapy in the child’s home and/or school environment. We are able to give verbal/written advice and/or activities targeting specific speech, language and communication goals for parents/school staff to work on with the children in both the home and school settings. Therapy sessions usually take about 45-60minutes. We may use the following approaches during therapy sessions:
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy
- Hanen – It Takes Two to Talk, Learning Language and Loving It (www.hanen.org)
- Derbyshire Language Scheme
- Colourful Semantics (colour coding sentences)
- Nuffield Dyspraxia Programme
- Makaton Signing
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Intensive Interaction
We are able to offer second opinions or further assessment. This will be discussed with the parents and the child will be assessed accordingly. The assessment could take between 60-120 minutes. A comprehensive report will be provided.
We are able to attend and contribute in meetings if requested at the child’s school or other locations.
We are able to offer various training packages to suit your needs. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 07949082686 for more information.